Please review our list of Frequently Asked Questions about what we’re doing to make your next visit safe, enjoyable, and uplifting.
What is the Museum doing to protect the health and safety of visitors, volunteers, and staff?
– Adhering at all times to government-mandated health and safety protocols
– Timed-entry ticketing to manage the flow of people inside the Museum
– Installed signage to direct the flow of visitors and prevent clustering
– Automatic doors allowing for touchless access to the Museum
How do I reserve a timed-entry ticket?
Go to the Museum’s ticketing website to reserve your timed-entry ticket.
Once visitors purchase their tickets online, they will receive an e-ticket, to be presented upon entry to the Museum. The e-ticket can be scanned directly from their smartphone or printout for a touchless experience.
Visitors who cannot buy a ticket online may purchase directly from the Museum’s Visitor’s Services desk.
You can also purchase parking online. Click here to prepay.
Do I need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to visit the Museum?
Following public health guidelines from the Government of Ontario, beginning March 1, 2022, people visiting the Aga Khan Museum, Diwan restaurant, and the Aga Khan Museum Shop are no longer required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. The Museum continues to maintain the highest standards for health and safety to ensure your visit is an enjoyable one.
Do I need to wear a mask?
In accordance with Provincial public health guidelines, beginning March 21, 2022, visitors to the Aga Khan Museum, Diwan restaurant, and Aga Khan Museum Shop are no longer required to wear masks or face coverings. Though not required, the Museum still recommends wearing a mask to protect yourself and others, and encourages a mask friendly environment for those that choose to wear one. The Museum continues to maintain the highest standards for health and safety to ensure your visit is an enjoyable one, including sanitizing stations throughout the Museum, enhanced cleaning, and heightened health and safety requirements.
Will there be volunteers on the floor?
Yes. There are currently volunteers on the floor to welcome you back!
Will there be tours?
Yes. Please view our tour page for more information on our tours.
Are Diwan and the Courtyard Café open?
Diwan is open for on Wednesdays to Sundays from 11:30 am–2:30 pm, and for dinner on Friday and Saturday from 5–8 pm. The Courtyard Café remains open with safety measures, including enhanced cleaning protocols. The Courtyard Café is open during the Museum’s visiting hours.
For more information, and to reserve your table at Diwan, click here.
How will the Museum respond if someone who’s recently been inside the building later tests positive for COVID-19?
If we learn a person who’s recently been inside the Museum later tests positive for COVID-19, we will take prompt and decisive steps to limit the risk to our visitors, personnel, and the general public. We will:
– Follow the guidance of public health officials
– Decide on how best to carry out any additional deep cleaning and sanitization that is necessary, which might include temporarily closing the Museum.
– Notify personnel, visitors, and other Museum entrants who may have had close direct contact with the individual and advise those people to self-isolate for 14 days and follow applicable guidance from public health officials.
– Notify, whenever appropriate, the community via our e-newsletters, social media channels, and our website that a person (whom we will not identify) who had been in the Museum later tested positive for COVID-19 should we come to learn this information from credible sources within two weeks of that person’s visit.
– Communicate closely with public health officials, providing them with information relevant to their investigation of the case, wherever necessary or required by law.
This is not an exhaustive list. As with all of our reopening efforts, our objective here is to uphold the highest standards for keeping you and the rest of our community safe.
Will my personal information be shared with public health officials?
Any questions regarding the collection, use, disclosure and storage of your personal information may be directed to [email protected].
I have additional questions. Who should I contact to get the answer?
If you have questions or need assistance, please email the Museum at [email protected]. We will endeavour to respond as quickly as possible.